Tuesday, April 21, 2009

good game, good food, great friends....

Well, Sunday was our first soccer game of the season and we were defeated 6-1. Not a good start to the season, but these things do happen. My team showed a lot of heart, it's only the first game. I have a good team. Mikey played inside on offense and he did a great job.
I felt exhausted as usual and it seems like it's increasingly getting worse as the days go by, but I'm holding strong. Susan and John payed us a visit. It's always great to see them. They truly know how to make you forget your troubles. I was feeling pretty depressed about my condition and they really boosted my spirits ( as I often do for John. I always tell him there's no charge for my therapy!)
Still waiting to hear from the hospital. hopefully Donna will give them a call on Friday.

2 comments:

  1. Michael, I happened upon your blog through another site so, as another with diffuse scleroderma, I just wanted to wish you all the best with your stem cell transplant. And keep up the great attitude.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Michael and family,
    I'm Jean from the National Bone Marrow Transplant Link. Our organization helps patients and families cope with the social and emotional challenges of transplant by providing vital information and personalized support services. We subscribe to google blog alerts where we found your story.
    Please know that others are thinking of you and pulling for you. I would like to send you our award-winning booklet, "Caregivers' Guide for Bone Marrow/Stem Cell Transplant" if you will send a mailing address to me at jeanjones@nbmtlink.org.
    Please visit our website, www.nbmtlink.org for more information regarding our programs and services, including peer support for patients and caregivers.
    All the best to you!

    ReplyDelete