Sunday, June 21, 2009

Happy Father's Day!

I would like to wish all you dad's out there a very Happy Father's Day! take the time to really enjoy your children on this very special day. Donna is preparing for family to come over and as always, is cooking a fabulous dinner.
I would like to thank everyone on my Soccer team for a tremendous job this past season and for attending the end of season picnic. Thank you for your gifts... I am truly humbled by everyones generosity. A very special thank you to my team mom, Janice for her help throughout the season. I am looking forward to coaching in the fall and hope that all of my kids will be returning.
I saw my Rheumatologists back here in Jersey on Wednesday. We are going to move forth with plans to be evaluated by a lung transplant team in mid July. Donna has been busy faxing info over to the Dr.'s at Beth Israel. We recieved a 40 page report from Northwestern on all of the testing that had been done there. My skin is worsening and the Tracleer that i have been taking for my heart has now been increased to double the dose. I will be increasing my visits to Robert Wood Johnson Hospital as well, from 6 months to every 3 months.

1 comment:

  1. Happy Father's Day, Michael!!! I too hope you're around for a good long time to be a Dad to your awesome children...

    I've known a few scleroderma patients in our lung transplant program -- I knew them on the wait list -- unfortunately, I haven't followed them through and post transplant so I don't know what their status is...

    I had a double lung transplant a little over nine years ago -- I have cystic fibrosis -- I've never, ever really understood what it was like to breathe "normally" -- I do now, and it blows my freakin' mind, even after nine years...

    Now, my focus in life is telling people about the girl who saved my life -- my donor -- and helping people understand what a true gift organ donation is, and what heroes donors and donor families are...

    I hope you get what you need quickly -- I hope your recovery and journey afterwards is as magnificent as mine has been... I know you'll have other issues with your scleroderma -- but I hope you get this one wrapped up... And I hope you get to spend a long time with those awesome kids...

    I have some of my story at www.ClimbingForKari.org and I blog about organ donation at www.ReviveHope.com

    You take care, Michael... You're in my thoughts...

    Love, Steve

    Steve Ferkau
    Chicago, IL

    ReplyDelete