Thursday, June 4, 2009

Some good news and not so good news.....

Hi All, well let's start with the not so good news first.... We met with the cardiology team today and it seems that there is an abnormality on my cardiac MRI. The concern here is whether or not my heart will be strong enough for transplant. Evidently,this was not an issue three months ago, but with my disease progressing there is a concern now. The team is going to meet with Dr. Burt and evaluate the situation. I told them that I am fully aware of the risk involved and i am ready and willing to take it....if you know me well enough, you all know that I am a risk taker and at this point this is my only chance... I am going for it!
The good news is... All tests are finished and we are leaving tomorrow morning! I miss my kids and I can't wait to get home, and yes, I even miss Mylo, our beagle.. I would personally like to thank everyone for your posts to this blog, your emails and the many phone calls. Everyone has been so supportive and it means a great deal to both Donna and myself... see you all back in Jersey!

2 comments:

  1. Mike,

    It was great to see you at Angelo's tonight. Good to see you came right back for more Italian food and with Danielle & Angelo, you can not go wrong.

    As I said, whatever you need, please let me know and I will help you whatever way I can. You and your family are great people and I am lucky that I can call you my friend and my neighbor.

    Good bless you in this journey. You will be in our thoughts and prayers.

    Paul McGill

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Mike, you are in our thoughts and prayers. I'll have some Double Bouble waiting for you when you get back. Miss you on the ball field.
    Mace, Ausra, Samuel & Matthew.

    ReplyDelete