Tuesday, May 12, 2009

New News!

Today we heard from our insurance case manager as well as from Kristen, our Nurse coordinator at Northwestern( Let me just mention that Kristen is wonderful). It seems that our insurance company wants Northwestern to conduct further testing (exactly 12 more tests). They were very specific about the tests being performed by Northwestern only. Kristen told us that they usually either approve or deny payment for the transplant after the first 3 tests which i had already completed. What does this mean? We are headed back to Chicago for 5 more days of testing which means a further delay in my treatment. They may be slowing me down, but there is no stopping me- I'm a man on a mission I have a lot of living to do!!

1 comment:

  1. Good Luck in Chicago Mike! We're with you - moving foward! Keeping you in our thoughts and prayers.
    Love,
    Chris & Eric

    ReplyDelete